March 13, 2020

Joe Tillman - Women and Hair Transplant Surgery

In this episode I am joined by Joe Tillman, The Hair Transplant Mentor, to discuss the topic of women and hair transplant surgery. Do women actually make good candidates for this procedure? It is my understanding based on my what I’ve read over the years, and also based on the experience I have with my own type of hair loss - female pattern baldness aka androgenetic alopecia, that women like myself are NOT candidates for hair transplant surgery. I wanted to dive deeper into this topic and get the facts from an expert, so that women can be empowered and educated when making decisions on treating their hair loss. 

While I wasn’t surprised to hear that in Joe’s opinion, 90% of women are not candidates for hair transplants, I got educated in learning about which procedure would be preferable for a woman if she was in fact a candidate, the controversial industry topic of Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) vs Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) for women's hair restoration surgery.

In this episode, Joe will discuss all the reasons why 90% of women are not candidates for this procedure, and he will also discuss the other 10% of women that could potentially be a viable candidate.

Joe Tillman is The Hair Transplant Mentor, he has been working in this industry for 18 years, helping both men and women that are considering hair transplant surgery. He was one of the first people to ever document his hair transplant journey beginning March 18, 2002. Eventually what was his passion became his career, and he is now a full time independent guide for both patients and clinics. Joe is also the co-host of Spencer Kobren’s The Bald Truth, which airs Fridays Live 5pm EST on his YouTube Channel

To learn more about Joe Tillman, visit his website: https://www.hairtransplantmentor.com 

Visit me online via my website: womenshairlossproject.com and also via instagram @whlpnetwork

More episodes

Load more

Podbean App

Play this podcast on Podbean App